The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this tranquil and picturesque region.
Tour through the beautiful Provencal villages and landscapes of the Petit Luberon, take in the glamour of Cannes, enjoy a dish of bouillabaisse in Marseille or go wine-tasting at Chateauneuf-du-Pape: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Provence and the Cote d'Azur with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Provence and the Cote d'Azur:
- Over 15 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Provence and the Cote d'Azur, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations show the inside of icons such as Nice's Musee Matisse, the Ephrussi de Rothschild Villa and Gardens on the Cap Ferrat, well-preserved Theatre Antique et Musee d'Orange in Vaucluse and more
- Colour photographs of the area's bustling cities and pretty towns, Roman-inspired architecture, white-sand beaches, elegant chateaux, beautiful landscapes and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Riviera and the Alpes Maritimes; the Var and the Iles d'Hyeres; Bouches-du-Rhone and Nimes; Vaucluse; and Alpes-de-Haute-Provence
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's fascinating history and culture, famous artists and writers, local festivals, traditional food and drink including its world-famous wines, striking landscapes and diverse wildlife, unique souvenirs and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Provence and the Cote d'Azur is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this beautiful region.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Exploring beyond Provence and the Cote d'Azur? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.