Digital art is the newest, most innovative trend in contemporary art. Whether it is on the Internet, 3-D animations, modified computer games, or even media platforms, there are countless possibilities to explore. The author guides readers on an exciting journey of discovery from the beginnings of the medium in the 1960s to the present day. Digital Art is alluring not only in terms of its subject matter, but also with its numerous large-format illustrations and clear, modern design. Films and animated software pieces can be viewed on the included DVD or in sequences of images in the book.
Wolf Lieser has been working with digital art for fifteen years and is internationally recognized as one of the most qualified masters of the media. He founded the Online-Museum Digital Art Museum (http://dam.org) in 1998 and initiated the d.velop digital art award [ddaa], and in 1999 he and a partner initiated the world’s first gallery for digital art in London. It was joined in 2003 by the Galerie [DAM]Berlin, which is one of the leading galleries of digital art. In addition, Mr. Lieser frequently lectures at universities and conferences.
- Comprehensive documentation of the entire range of digital art from its beginnings in the 1960s to the present
- Over 200 works by nearly 100 artists from 20 nations
- Compiled by one of the most renowned specialists in the field
- Thought provoking essays written by curators, art historians, and artists present various perspectives on the topics
- The book’s layout was created by an artist who is part of the digital scene
- An exciting work – for those already involved with digital art and curious beginners