From her early years picking cotton in Nutbush, Tennessee to her rise to fame alongside Ike Turner, and finally to her phenomenal success in the 1980s and beyond, Tina candidly examines her personal history, from her darkest hours to her happiest moments and everything in between.
In her honest and heart-felt voice, Tina reveals:
· How (love) and a kidney transplant saved her life – and how her new husband made an incredible personal sacrifice
· How she has coped with the tragic suicide of her son
· How ex-husband Ike Turner forced her to go to a brothel on their wedding night… and why she tried to kill herself because of Ike’s mistresses
· The Cinderella moment when David Bowie made Tina a star …
· …and the day Mick Jagger ripped her skirt off!
AND MUCH MORE
Brimming with her trademark blend of strength, energy, heart and soul, My Love Story is a gripping, surprising memoir, as memorable and entertaining as any of her greatest hits.
'The book is written with a warm heart and a generous spirit… It is a thoughtful, moving reflection on a life of spectacular achievement' DAILY EXPRESS
‘Turner comes across as courageous, optimistic, big-hearted and generous’ SUNDAY TIMES
‘Fascinating, dramatic, surprising’ OK! MAGAZINE
'An honest, thoughtful and touching reflection on a full and fulfilling life' SUNDAY EXPRESS
|Година на издаване||2019|
|Размери||0.259kg (13cm x 20cm)|
|Категория||Книги на английски език / Biography, Memoir / Music /|